Counseling and Therapeutic Services
Good counseling leads to lasting change. It’s a collaborative process that reduces or eliminates troubling symptoms. It can increase your capacity for hope, joy, meaning and satisfying relationships. ___________________________________________________________________________
I’m a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFC 49784) registered with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Over the past eight years I have provided over 10,000 hours of counseling and support to individuals, children, adolescents and families.
I have extensive mental health experience in schools, clinics, family homes and traditional office settings. I’ve successfully treated individuals suffering from depression, anxiety, chronic pain, trauma, grief, spiritual/religious issues and many other difficulties. I deeply enjoy the work I do.
- Individual Therapy
- Family/Couple Therapy
- Adolescent Therapy
- Child Therapy
- General Consultation
- Child/Adolescent Behavioral Consultation
- MA – Counseling Psychology John F. Kennedy University
- BA – Philosophy and Theology Point Loma Nazarene University
- EMQ Families First (Trauma Focused CBT, Brief Strategic Family Therapy, Communicative Psychoanalysis + Positive Behavioral Intervention Systems)
- Sunnyvale Community Counseling Center (Attachment-Based Therapy + Narrative Therapy)
- San Francisco Psychotherapy Research Group (Control-Mastery Theory + Psychodynamic Therapy)
- Maria Klein, LMFT – Private Practice (Experiential + Gestalt Therapy)
- Peter Schumacher, LMFT – Private Practice (Control-Mastery Theory + Psychodynamic Therapy)
Psychotherapy Research Experience:
- 3+ years experience in two weekly research meetings that investigate how successful psychotherapy works with clinical psychologists George Silberchatz, PhD. + Marshall Bush, PhD..
- San Francisco Psychotherapy Research Group – Board of Directors (Treasurer)
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology
My current fee for a standard 50-minute session is $125. Additionally, I do maintain a handful of income-based slots for individuals who cannot afford my standard fee. Feel free to inquire about details and availability.
My services do qualify as a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) health expense.
Do not let cost prevent you from receiving the help and support you need. I”m happy to speak with you about your needs and concerns, and will offer resources and referrals if we are unable to work together.
A note about insurance:
I currently do not accept insurance due to various constraints imposed by insurance companies. Insurance companies typically require a mental health diagnosis which becomes a part of an individual’s permanent medical record. Furthermore, they often limit the duration of treatment (number of sessions), require time-consuming paperwork, and reimburse at a low rate.